Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

What was the biggest financial mistake you made that you still regret to this day?

The biggest financial mistake I made is the same one most middle class americans make as soon as they start making a little money.
Buying a german luxury sedan

What was the biggest financial mistake you made that you still regret to this day?

What was the biggest financial mistake you made that you still regret to this day?


This was essentially the exact car I bought, at 25 years old.
Instead of focusing on paying off my student loans I thought
“Bahh, I’ll just make payments and buy this fancy expensive super fast car because I work hard and I deserve it!”
Apparently what I deserved were big monthly payments, big maintenance bills and rapid depreciation and working tons of hours to fund my expensive lifestyle.
After a couple years of learning about personal finance I came to realize that one of the reasons I was broke was because I was spending all my money on crap I didn’t need.
Crazy idea right?
And the amount of money I was paying for my car + insurance + gas was about on par with my rent.
F**king financial disaster.
I eventually sold the car, bought another car I quickly paid off and I’m on my journey to being 100% debt free.
I am about 11 months away currently.
Now I believe I deserve peace of mind rather than expensive stuff and the accompanying headache.

Post a Comment

0 Comments